Monday, February 08, 2010

So it's been a week. Or over a week? And I'm thrilled to say I am SO much better.

When I was discharged after the four days, I certainly felt better, but very tired. And then the weekend I spent feeling horrendously ill. But yet I knew the original problem had been fixed, so what was making me feel like I was chronically hungover? I lasted until Monday before I had to put a call in again.

So, following another xray and an abdominal scan, it turned out the new medications I was put on were the cause of the new problem. This was confirmed by the fact that my xray (thankfully) came back as ok and once I stopped taking all these new potions and pills, I felt miraculously better. I haven't heard back about the scan, but I chatted away to the technician during it, and it would seem it looked good. It was funny, because during it, she kept asking me to breathe in and breathe out and used my first name the whole time. Then she went quiet and said 'ok, just take a breath there, pet' and I always think people are nicer to you when they feel sorry for you, so it worried me what she might have seen, but apparently slightly enlarged abnormal vein(s?) seen in my liver is normal considering my medical history. Peeee-hewwww! And the fact that my team haven't phoned me yet about it either says they are sick to death of talking to me, or it's all ok. I would say it's most likely a combination of both.

So the newest remedy in compete contrast to last week's new regime, is to stop ALL the new medications. AND a couple of others that I was also on. I was able to keep up going to college and this week is the final push to midterm or "reading week" as they *insist" we call it. Not that I'm doing much reading when I go on my holidays!!!!! And apparently if 'they' hear that that's how we're doing that 'they' will cancel the reading week. I don't even know who 'they' are and why 'they' would be hanging around listening to my conversations. Or reading my blog...

Thanks for all the good wishes recently too xx