Sunday, December 06, 2009

Oh dear, another couple of months have passed and no blog post. This is a good sign though. I am incredibly busy with college and work and life and *thankfully* my health is great. *Clunks head off wooden table here* I am back to clinic for bloods on Monday, but I think I have made it a year without IVs and about 6 months with no oral antibiotics. The only trade off of this is that I have no anecdotal stories to tell you about hospital life or appointments and, weird to say, no even complaints, imagine!!!

Whilst I was away this past summer, one of my doctors left. One minute he was there and then *poof* he was gone. And now one of the transplant nurses is going too. The good people seem to be dropping like flies in that madhouse. It's true to say you don't know what you have until it's gone. Despite this nurse only ever managing to successfully taking my blood once the entire two (three?) years she was there, she was definitely a good 'un. She'll now be teaching the nurses of the future something about being nurses of the future. Bah humbug!

We get our Christmas holidays start this Friday and I can not wait! My brother (the BFG) comes home from Australia/the rest of the world next week. My car has also developed this attitude whereby it does not start if it's too cold outside. I'm serious. It means I now check the weather every night so I can make plans of how to get places the next day, ie if I need to take a bus. Ridiculous. In reality however I say 'bus', but during the day, there's usually a car in our driveway so luckily I've been fortunate to borrow when my car has frozen over. But I'm more concerned about going out somewhere in my car and then it having a hissy fit and refusing to take me back home. And my Dad does NOT like the prospect of lending me his 2L turbo engine car; he prefers to have either my (multiple car bumps - admits she'd fail her test today) mother drive it around so I can have hers, or for it to sit wasting its life around in the driveway. The fact that I barely peep over the steering wheel is of no relevance to the issue. Or the fact that I'm a fan of speeding while making 'vroooom' sounds with my mouth and cackling wildly.

So to conclude, I have my fingers crossed tightly for a new car this Christmas. My dad nearly choked when I asked for an iTouch because of the cost, but I know with his logical thinking will mean he will have no qualms about spending a small 20k or so (I want a reliable car this time after all) for his darling daughter.