Monday, October 26, 2009

Observations

So I'm continuing to put on weight (I've put on half a stone since September), but if you know me at all, you'll know I'm not bothered by this in the least. In fact, I have space to put on another stone or two anyway, and as it is I'm the heaviest I've ever been.

Only the problem is, I seem to have developed a kangaroo pouch with this new found fat. I picked up some delectable items when in Topshop in London last week which really complete my wardrobe but unfortunately they are as good as having a bright flashing arrow that says 'Pouch, pouch, pouch' pointing to my stomach. Or, even worse when you compare the pouch to my skinny arms, you begin to see 'baby, baby, baby' or 'bun in oven, bun in oven, bun in oven'.

So last night, the following conversation took place:

"Mom, look at this fat I have here now"
"Oh that's not fat"
"Yes, it is, look at it, ugh it's fat"
"No that's just muscle"
"Eh, no that is NOT muscle, it's anything BUT muscle"
"Oh yes, but that's where your muscle should be"
"So basically it's just fat!!!!"
"Well....until you tone it up".

*Sigh* Does anybody know how to get a four pack? I used to have one years ago, it was the side effect of a 18year old chronic cough. I'd like a silent method this time.