Monday, February 02, 2009

Intermission part two

I'm exhausted. My eyes hurt. I think I encountered a mild bout of food poisoning or at least food-that-doesn't-agree-with-me-ing yesterday. I bizarrely went babysitting on Friday night (not the bizarre bit), finished at 12.45am and then decided that the night was still young so jumped home, got changed and went out for the night. It seemed like a magnificent idea at the time. It probably explains the sore eyes right now.

But anyway, the Superbowl XLIII is on tonight!! Or...right now!! Exclamation marks!! Pittsburgh -vs- Arizona. My money is on the Steelers. Not because they're winning right now or anything.

I don't think I've talked to so many NFL fans or Superbowl followers (which if I'm honest, would best describe my interest in the sport - but more because I don't want to sit up past midnight every Sunday night to watch the game) as I have this year - it's unreal. SOOOOO many guys I know are watching tonight (not a whole lotta girls but I'll recruit). It's being shown on three channels here, but annoyingly TV3 keeping jumping to freeze-frames every time the Americans take an ad break instead of just showing ads or going to commentary.

Seriously, though. I need my sleep.