Monday, February 02, 2009

Snow Day Intermission

No, I haven't forgotten about the points I wanted to make about Slumdog Millionaire (have you seen it yet?) or The Pursuit of Happyness (have you seen that one either?), but for today, my excuse is that it snowed. And that's a pretty big deal.

I cannot remember the last time it snowed, proper, sticking to the ground snow. It certainly did when I was younger, but it's been a while. Don't be under the impression that this was a snow blanket of Alps proportions or anything but you could definitely see footprints. It was also enough for a few giant snowmen in college that I spotted when I got in. And although beaten and knocked down when I was leaving, there was still enough snow to rebuild their family. It was worse around my house than it was around college, but interestingly I saw an older lady wearing a one piece luminous pink snow suit which was funny considering the snow around there had mostly melted. I suppose she wanted to get value out of her purchase from a couple of decades ago though.

To be honest, the child in me adores the snow, but once I get out into it, I'm unsure of what to do next. It's cold. It's wet. It's just...blah. Plus when it snows, it's just annoying because it's not rain, but rather that kind of 'run-with-head-down-and-eyes-squinting' kind of weather. I do enjoy the novelty of it however, but considering I need to leave the house and I'd never driven in snow until today, well, let's just say I'm ready for spring to be here already!