Thursday, January 01, 2009

A New Year!

I've just finished ringing in the new year here (Hootenanny!). I can't believe it's 2009 already - 2008 was a year filled with incredible highs and experiences which I hope I will never forget. My health was a bit naughty at times but thankfully, I am SO fortunate that overall, despite everything, I'm actually standing better than I was this time last year (lung function up, weight about the same!). And it is of course, because of the 'blips' in life we experience, that we are given the sight to treasure and appreciate the good times even more- they are not without their purpose.

I would make resolutions but for fear of feeling terribly guilty about not fulfilling them or sticking to them I won't. I'll make a 'hope' list instead.

As always I see the marking of a new year, the marking of a new beginning: a chance to make changes for the better or, a chance to identify the things we are doing good in in life and work at keeping them this way.

Life is all about balance - well for me it's the ever illusive goal (it has replaced the 'get my lungs to function at 100%' goal I was chasing after and which I attained last year). To find the happy medium between work and play, health and enjoyable risk, party and sleep, not caring about eating but still maintaining my weight, and a million other fine tunable boundaries, that's what a happy life is all about for me.

And if I could refrain from using cheesy mottos and expressions, I'd feel a bit more intelligent. But the puns can stay. I like a good pun. And bad jokes. Those too can stay.

Happy New Year! May 2009 bring you everything you hope for in life :)