Friday, January 09, 2009

Diet...

So I've been eating a lot lately. And I don't mean bigger portions, or indeed extra portions, I mean bigger meals and extra meals. Being that the stomach is an expandable muscle (I remember that from school, not some cheap wikipedia-ing I might add), it makes sense the more you put into it, the bigger it gets and thus the more it expects.

It's really in the last few weeks (since Christmas) I've noticed that I'm hungry all the time. If I was an ordinary person I'd probably consider this a problem and seek medical advice, but being that I'm not an ordinary person, I won't.

For one, if there's something medically wrong which is causing me to eat like a horse, I probably already know about it. Diabetes, steroid use, digestion issues, being a greedy person - they all cause excessive hunger.

Secondly, even if there is another underlying (or under-under-under-under-underlying in my case) cause, I actually could be doing with putting on weight anyway, so I'll leave it a few months before I go investigating I think. I mean, if it ain't broke, whaaa fix ut? Or if its brokeness has advantages why go meddling.


So anyway, I have noticed I've put on a couple of pounnds since Christmas to be fair. Well, a few more than people probably expect. So, I contacted a little known, hide away American TV station to tell them about my problem. They listened with compassion and generously offered me help. I need help. So they whisked me to a photo studio and took my photo in a bright illuminous t-shirt and most unflattering bicycle shorts (which would make any skinny-malink look like a potato in) and I'm not sure what's going to happen from here on out but I already feelbetter about myself. You can judge for yourself.