Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Back to the real world

I'm actually more excited today as I discovered I only have four months left until summer! And I haven't miraculously discovered how to jump ahead in time (having jumped from five months left on Saturday to four today), I've just discovered how to read the college diary. That four months of course excludes Easter and Midterm holidays too. Gah! Freakaaay...

I had clinic today too. My wheeze/rattle/whatever you want to call it seems to have mostly settled itself. My lung function blows were down a smidgen (from 3.25 to 3.06 Litres), meaning a few weeks ago they were 104% predicted, now they're 99% predicted. And while that's 5% down, it's still fantastic (in my opinion). So we shalln't complain!

I've been put on two oral antibiotics - one week long course and one permanent antibiotic to be taken every other day. That spells disaster for me as it sounds easy enough but I'm an easily confused person. But I suppose, if in doubt, go for the overdose maybe?...Or just take it Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Yes, that makes sense. Until I start second guessing myself and asking whether I'm on the Monday, Wednesday, Friday week or the Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday week, or whether the week starts on the Monday or the Sunday and how does this help or hinder my confusion.

The secretary then glared at me when I told her I wanted an appointment for two months time. She muttered something about 'Oh they'll be on to me to double check that later'. I'm supposing this is reference to the fact that I'm always there, all the time and nobody can remember the last time I was set free for more than a few weeks. I was then reminded by two people to 'call if i have a problem or if I feel unwell' and 'be sure to call if you're not right'. I call that cautious optimism. What's the worst that can happen to me?!

...oh wait, something about two mysterious blood clots and a dose of septicemia sound familiar alright...

PS: Greetings to (not my) Aunt Karen!