Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ahhh-It's half way through December!!

Went to my final clinic for the year. CRP (infection markers in the blood) have come down to below 3, which is normal!! Lung function went up again - now 103% which I'm thrilled at, considering I thought I was coming down with a chest infection last week! I took no painkillers for my leg today- it is still sore to walk around for long periods, but I haven't taken any pain relief so that's a big improvement. I'll probably dose myself up with painkillers tomorrow since I'm satisfied there is a good improvement. College is nearly over for this term. Injections are going grand- I still wince and stick out my tongue and do them so slowwwwwwwly but overall, life is great.

Unfortunately, due to the leg thing, I missed my beautiful goddaughter's christening last weekend, as the pain was just at its peak. But I have plans to go over and spoil her soon.

In other health related spuds, if you could spare a thought for my poor sister who is still ill, that'd be great! Obviously, being a perfectly and unusually healthy person, being anyway ill is obviously hard. So especially now, she could do with good thoughts :)

And finally, because I should be reading, I thought I'd post this Christmas Quiz to pass the time:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Both but mostly wrapping paper- depends on my prepard-ness

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real every year until transplant, now artifical. But you can't beat a real.

3. When do you put up the tree?
December...sometime....early...(this weekend just gone)

4. When do you take the tree down?
January.....sometime...early...

5. Do you like eggnog?
Em, never had it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Anything Sylvanian Families related

7. Hardest person to buy for?
My sister

8. Easiest person to buy for?
Parents

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. Someone keeps sticking the Jesus in, even though he shouldn't be there since he's not technically born yet, so I keep taking him out. And then someone sticks him back in again.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Em....I don't!

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I think I've been pretty lucky, or else I've banished any bad present from all memory...

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
I'm useless at sitting through films on TV, but I guess Harry Potter is on TV every year and I like that....but that probably doesn't count as a Christmas movie

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Disastrously late

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't think so!

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Ooooooooh, Christmas dinner with all the works- my Mum does a FANTASTIC Christmas dinner!

16. Lights on the tree?
Yes

17. Favorite Christmas song?
I love ALL Christmas songs! East 17, Wham, John Lennon, Band-Aid (the 1984 one), Shakin' Stevens, you name it!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
At home every year.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
No- Dasher, Prancer, Rudolph...

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Angel - with one arm. Sad times.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
When people start talking about it in September, and then the 27th when it's all over. Or what kind of irks me is when people who aren't even remotely religious in any sense celebrate it, since it's kind of hypocritical of them, and I shouldn't really say that but oops I just did! But I guess if it brings people together then that's good too...

23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
In 1995, I made a teddy bear ornament out of dough stuff that was varnished, and that was my favourite, but then one year my dog ate it. So now my support lies in the one arm fairy up the top.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
All of it

25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
I don't really want anything in particular (a new car ahem), but I love being with my family and if we're all healthy and happy, that's enough for me.