Sunday, September 21, 2008

Cleaning

Ever since I had those nice new wardrobes installed, the rest of my room has been a bit of a mess. I make the bed every morning and that gives the illusion (if you keep your eyes away from the floor area) that my room is really nice and tidy and generally really cool. Unfortunately most people tend to see the floor which was a bit of a problem. So I began to tidy. I made the bed.

Then I organised my dresser and the drawers. Then I fixed the desk. And then I attacked the bookshelf. I'm not much of a reader anymore. Compared to the time when I would get through a few books a week, now I don't read at all. The last book I read was the last Harry Potter. I read the paper from time to time but that's it.

Tidying my shelves, I found books I read when I was a teenager, and ones I read as a child! I even found three unfinished books with bookmarks in them. I have a million books I've never read too. I flicked through each of them and if the writing type was large they were put in the 'dump' pile. If there were pictures in them, they too went to the 'dump' pile. I still was itching to throw a few more out so I judged them on their title or cover picture. The Hardy Boys for example was out. I don't even know how something like that ended up on my shelves in the first place... And now my shelves are all tidy and clutter free.

I even found two Virgin Mary paper-weights!

So now I've got even MORE clutter on the floor but it will get sorted. Eventually. And when I can't sleep at night, that's what I'll be doing.

On a side note, college has already become ridiculously hectic between lectures, after college stuff and social business which means this blog is a bit neglected. And so I've decided to blog once a week now. Probably Sunday. But that could change. Just letting you know!