Friday, June 13, 2008

The Lisbon Treaty

....and we voted 'no'. I use the term 'we' lightly as I didn't actually vote. I couldn't understand what the bloomin' heck the thing was about so rather than vote for the sake of voting (and risk picking the 'wrong' choice by accident) I didn't vote. Actually I did intend to vote late yesterday evening, but I was too late by the time I had my mind made up.

And it would seem with the 40 percent turnout that I was not alone!

I would catagorise the grouping of votes in the following way:

The group who understood the Treaty and voted 'Yes'.
The group who understood the Treaty and voted 'No'.
The group who didn't understand the Treaty so voted 'No' so that nothing changed and felt they should vote for the sake of voting.

In the first two groupings I would say there was a higher 'yes' support but that the 'no' group picked up a LOT of votes from the misunderstood.

See, I can talk politics too from time to time....

Now if I could just understand what it was all about I would be oh so much the wiser.