Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A few things...

1. I got the results of my exams the other night. They weren't to be released until Tuesday morning, but me being me, stumbled upon some glitch in the system it would seem, and got them late Monday night. For some weird reason, nobody else in my class could see theirs until later on. Freaky. Anyway, I managed to surprise myself with how well I did so it's on into second year I go!

2. Work is.....work. I'm still making the early mornings and counting the days down to my trip to France with my Mom next week. It's actually the European Transplant Games I'm going to, but unfortunately I can't remember the last time I was in the pool. And I can't even remember what sports I'm doing, but I'm pretty sure it's just swimming. All I need is the holiday to be honest.

2.5 I'm debating whether to finish altogether in August and go travelling for like 10 days. My mom thinks it's a good idea but I hate telling people I'm quitting. But at the same time, I don't think I'd forgive myself for giving up this first opportunity (as a healthy person) to go travelling with friends. And being left out and forgotten about (not that I'm saying anyone ever forgets about me) I've had nightmares about this sort of thing...

3. I've got an appointment with my old hospital next week to see the CF team. I actually don't like that hospital very much as I don't have good memories of it, and spent a lot of time there just wishing to be better and home. But I really love the team there and it'll be good to touch base with them about my CF (which I still have everywhere except my lungs). I'm having sore tummy again this week and sometimes it's just.... sore, so a miracle cure on that front will be welcomed. I also need to start taking my breakfast insulin again to get my HbA1c down before they take blood. Don't ask me why but I think hiding my whole health side issues in work (yes, I actually have managed three weeks hiding all the injections and tablets I take) makes me forget my injection because I take my breakfast one AFTER breakfast, around the time I reach work.

3.5 Speaking of hiding health issues, I haven't done this since school and have forgotten what hard work it is!! And dropping an insulin needle precariously close to your supervisor's chair and having to fetch it without her (a)noticing what you're doing or (b) noticing what you've picked it up after you've picked it up and getting nosey, (c) finding it first and saying 'oh gosh what's this?', (d) all of the above, can cause someone to have heart attack!!!

4. I need to get my side fringe cut soon. When I had my hair done recently I slowly realised (as in it took weeks for me to grasp it) he forgot the fringe. So I've got this stupid....thingy going on at the front. While browsing Boots yesterday I saw some blonde hair dye, which I was way too tempted to buy. But then I reminded myself how much I spent on my current brown colour, so I'll leave it a while yet.

5. I watched the Dakota Fanning version of Charlotte's Web earlier. It was soooo sad. Some bits are bit like the film Gordy (which was like a cheap remake of Babe which we have on video) but overall it's brilliant. I cried at some parts too.

6. I didn't watch Dreamgirls tonight but the sister will be watching it tomorrow so I'll catch it then, it's also very good.

7. Seven is a lucky number.