Monday, June 09, 2008

*silence*

Yikes, it's been a while-eo. I'm off the IVs about two weeks now and *touch-wood* am doing really well. A positive sign is that I haven't even rebooked an appointment back at clinic and am going to try and give them a break for a while!

I'm also working 5 days a week for the summer, 9-5. This means I leave the house at about 8am to do the 30 minute drive so it's a world and time of day I'm not overly familiar with but am getting there (and getting there on time!).

My life, revolving around a series of countdowns (I countdown EVERYTHING) means I have already worked out that I've done two weeks of work, which means there's only 10 weeks left. At least I can count that on my two hands. I remember when I was in fourth year, I counted down to the time I had left that year and then the number of days until my graudation, two years away!!! So needless to say each day I go into work, I count down the 8 hours I'm there...

I do actually like work but am definately not ready to join the working world fulltime yet. Mentally I find it's just so claustrophic coming home at nearly 6pm and if I don't go out (which funnily enough has only happened two evenings so far) means by 10pm I'm getting ready for bed, to go to sleep, to get up and do it all again. I'll do it some day but I'll enjoy my next three years in college while I can!

So anyway, that's why there are a few cobwebs around here....

Oh and I survived the Mini Marathon, finishing the 10k in 1hr52mins. That's 6 minutes faster than last year. Now if I could just get my Mom to stop stopping and gabbling to people FOUR times and teach her to jog (although she is an impressive power walker) a little bit, we'd do great.

But sure not to worry, I'm going to jog/run it myself next year anyway, because I reckon I could SOOOOOOOOO do that....