Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Changing Days

This weekend is Paddy's weekend!!! Saturday to be specific! Someone (the Church? Government?) changed the date of St Patrick's day to the 15th this year as it (the 17th) clashes with a Bank Holiday on Monday. Or it has something to do with Easter, I can't remember exactly which one.

Anyway being the incredibly patriotic family who never once stood in the rain watching a misreable parade going by, it's no surprise that we won't be here this year. I suppose I'll muster the energy to wear something green. Maybe.

I have a useless memory for these sort of public holidays, and weirdly the only one I rememeber 'celebrating' was when I was about 12. I was in hospital and I wore green eyeshadow (I was passionate once) which led the nurse to thinking there was something wrong with my eyes. I'm guessing I looked like a clown, but when I was 12, I don't think knew the word 'subtle' . Anyway, that year, we went and had pizza in pizza hut. I don't know why that sticks in my mind so much. Maybe it was the fact that my Dad in his best voice, asked for 'An-ko-vies' instead of 'anchovies' on his pizza.

How random.