Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hmmm....

I did more physio tonight, and more not-so-nice stuff came up. On the upside, while surfing the Internet, I came across a recipe for some hypertonic solution for sinuses. Having added about 1000kilos of salt to water I squirted it up my nose. The recipe suggested snorting it up, but luckily we invested in a home made hospital a few years ago, so syringes were a plenty. Not so pleasant (to watch or do) but the most effective remedy yet! I swear I'm sounding less like a pig already...

Of course, as I look towards my next clinic appointment (where I'm fingers-crossing against IVs) reality and perspective kicks in as I read a post on one of the message boards I read from time to time. A girl of similar age to myself, had a lung transplant for CF a month after me. Unfortunately her's hasn't been as successful as mine, and while I don't want to go into details, suffice as to say she got a fairly crappy hand dealt with the new lungs she got. At the moment, her doctors are all doing doctor talk and have mentioned the possibility of a second transplant to her. Yikes. If that happened me, I think i would paint this blog black, but her attitude is so positive, it's inspiring. Anyway, I know she sometimes reads here, so You-Know-Who-You-Are, I hope you feel better and more confident about things soon!

I'm off to bed early as I have a busy day ahead tomorrow, and I don't want a repeat of this morning's antics. Can you believe I woke up at "8.09"am for my 9am class, and while sitting thinking at the place where everyone does their most philosophical thinking (...) I began to question myself. Did my phone say '8.09am' or '9.09am'?! I was right (second time!); I had completely slept in, do'h! Never matter, we have a hippy (is that P.C.?) teaching our 9am so he didn't mind me being a little late. I hope he's a creature of habit like I am...hem hem.

Of course, that's not as bad as my D... someone who once spent the whole morning not realising his watch was an hour behind! Seems it was a watch he hadn't worn in some time (since the clocks went forward in fact) and didn't realise his the watch's mistake. One must question why someone would only look at one source for the time though?! How stupid!

Jinny: Thank you for your lovely comment. You made me blush!...Which actually isn't that hard to do, since I go pink once the temperature of a room changes, or I do something like wake up late, but still, thank you!