Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Today the house phone rang. I answered it. It sounded like the caller on the other end didn't realise that they had phoned, as nobody was speaking at the other end of the line but I could hear noise and music. My Dad has accidentally called home a few times without realising it in the past, and you just need to SHOUT and he realises his mistake. I've even heard him chose the wine he's having for dinner before...Anyway, we then taught him how to 'lock' his phone, which basically prevents idiots from making such idiotic mistakes again. Fool proof.

So figuring this was the case, I started shouting "HELLO?! HELLO!?! HELLOOOOOOOOOO!! LO! LO! LO!". My Mom asked me who was on the other end, to which I told her I didn't know. But then I realised that whoever it was had the same radio station on as us. And there was a slight echo on their line. Who was this freak?! Frustrated, confused, annoyed and tired I shook my head in disgust. I then looked down and a blue light caught my attention from the corner of my eye. I reached into my pocket and took out my phone.

Calling Home... 45sec, 46sec, 47sec....

My eyes popped out of my head. I hung up swiftly, smiled meekly at my puzzled mother and ran off. Needless to say my keypad is now locked... *blush*

I meant to tell you about the most important part of the concert on Sunday. I don't understand how it did not occur to some people that umbrellas wouldn't be permitted to a standing concert. Clearly selfish people who have little consideration for the people standing behind them. (Remind me to rant about TALL people who stand at the front, another time...). Anyway, after the concert, all the confiscated umbrellas were up for grabs. FREE UMBRELLAS! I got a beautiful pink and white dotty spotty one. I love it when stuff like that happens!

I may add though, that I of *course* have posters up around town in case anyone wants to claim the umbrella. Anyone? No?? Well if you insist!

Work tomorrow until 6pm. Yadda, yadda yawn.

Also, PLEASE know if you left me private comments (no matter how long ago), I WILL get back to you! Sincere apologies....