Saturday, June 16, 2007

Well I'm home from the National Transplant games and I'm tired. And proud and pleased but tired! I have decided to add yet *another* blog (which can be found on the right hand side) dedicated to sport and that side of things... So I will write my review in there...

Anyway, I mostly swam, and although I will miss the medal presentation ceremony tomorrow, I think I got about 5 medals. I ran 100m on the track and came second, but I wasn't actually registered for that race, which means I don't actually get a medal for that. It wasn't the medals or winning or lack of medals or lack of winning that was important to me today though, it was the experience, the accomplishment, the miracle of it all and the chance to meet so many wonderful people each with their own story to tell. As my Freeman team manager says "I was just happy to be there".

We went down to the chipper when I got home and I got a delicious quarter pounder meal with chips and after that I retired to bed. Then I got out of bed, let the dog out who then got confused and wanted to go for a walk despite the fact it was 1am in the morning! I really need to teach him to tell the time...