Thursday, May 24, 2007

VOTING DAY!! Yay!...or nay...

I FINALLY finished work today, and got out at lunch. I then made my way down (I actually WALKED!!!) into town (over the bridge and on to the NORTHSIDE - don't worry I wore my bullet proof vest!) and met a friend for lunch. Said friend will be celebrating her lungs' first birthday this weekend which is moderately exciting. Lunch was expensively nice but I shan't be shelling out that money for that service any time again soon. We discussed everything under the sun, including our shared views on politics and our 'secret stuff' which may be made public some time next year. Intriguing I know...

After that, I RAN FOR the bus and got on. Once we went back over the River Liffey I felt a sense of calm again coming back to the Southside. Although without my Abercrombie labels hanging out of me or a BrownThomas bag on my arm at the time, I felt a little pauperish. It was awful...

My oldest brother and I walked down to vote this evening. I cast my vote and hope it makes some sort of difference. I then made a bet with him that in ten year's time, Fianna Fáil won't be running the country. If I'm right, I will earn €50. I wonder if I will be able to buy a bag of sweets with that....