Friday, May 25, 2007

I was quite surprised at my interest in the Election Vote count today, it was addictive stuff watching it unfold on tele and listening to the radio - I felt an unknown competitive streak come to the surface in me. Unfortunately (in my opinion) it looks like Fianna Fáil (Fail?) will be back in government for another five years. We tried. It's frustrating, but I hope with the recent train of publicity for patients and services for people with Cystic Fibrosis a swift improvement will come.

My number one didn't get a seat, which was dissappointing as I feel this candiate is a genuine and over all GOOD politician and would have done us proud.

I have mentioned a few politicians in this blog, but in recent days felt the need to water down my opinions, hence lack of name drops. This isn't a political blog; this is a personal blog. I am not a canvasser for anyone, but as someone who has a real interest in it. I think if you are directly affected by the choices made by the government, then you DO care. A lot of patients with Cystic Fibrosis take their vote very seriously for this reason, and a lot more so then 'healthy' people our age. Heck, a ("healthy") reader of this blog didn't even vote as they "couldn't be bothered!!" Shocking...

And that is where my pol-ogging ends for now. That is all.

On another note, I found out today that a relative of someone I know died. It was shocking. I couldn't believe it. The person who informed me is a former friend. Like many social cirlces of young girls, "her" group and "our" group fell out a LONG time ago. I didn't get too wrapped up in it and would gladly chat to any of "them", but the same can't be said for all memebers of both parties - you know how these things are...

Anyway, out of the blue, this former friend texted. What does that show? It shows a level of maturity that has my respect for her sealed. I have known people who wouldn't pass on such news because of petty arguments and these people would be a good deal older then my former friend's twenty years.

Not only that, but of ALL my friends, this former friend was the first to let me know. One or two others claimed they forgot. People can be funny.