Friday, February 09, 2007

*If anyone has seen TIA (my beloved Tiara) please note her location, or even better, return her to me!*

Today I woke up minus my voice. At first I panicked, but then after practising a few soprano scales it returned. Crisis over.

I went and met a good friend of mine who had her transplant about 10days before me. We used to bump into each other at clinic, but since we don't spend very much time loitering about hospitals anymore, our contact is mostly through texting. So, when the opportunity came for us to meet in Dundrum, I couldn't resist! We had a delicious lunch in TGI's and then did a bit of shopping. I then requested a Diet Coke from KFC, but I got some sort of pepsi concoction which I'm sure was full of sugar. I was raging at them, as I specifically requested NO SUGAR. As a result, my sugars have jumped up to 26.6. TOO HIGH. I may write a letter to their management and raise this issue with them. I shouldn't have to mention my diabetes at every turn and if I request a sugar free drink, I should get one.

On a sad note, two people with Cystic Fibrosis passed away this week.

One girl, Sian, who posted once or twice in my guestbook died yesterday. Sian was 18 and waiting for a lung transplant, but sadly, like too many others, her time simply ran out. It's the old story of lack of donors.

Another young boy, who I don't know at all, but heard about died yesterday as well. As I said I don't know anything about him, except that he must have been young as he passed away in Crumlin hospital (Children's).

It reminds one just how precious life is, and how we should never take anything for granted. I know I say it all the time, but its true. My thoughts and prayers go out to these two families tonight. Life can be so unfair at times...