Monday, January 08, 2007

Last night's 'children's' film was not a film for a child! Highly complicated and very much 'out there'. All the same, the animation was beautiful, so whilst I may not be able to fully comprehend or appreciate dragons and spirits and the boy really being the spirit of a river(!) - oops sorry if I ruined that for anyone - at least I could see that the attention to detail in with the animation was superb. One might call it 'ROLLING'! It was actually very 'old school' Disney animation - Like Snow White for example (not the Emperor's New Clothes or some other new age Disney dribble). Anyway, maybe a second watch might help me clarify a few things...

But anyhoo, it's MONDAY!! Yayhey! I'm away to Newcastle tomorrow for my 6month appointment, so good thoughts and vibes and 'GOOD LUCKS' are all very welcome! I am presuming that I am fine with no problems, as the only problems of any significance I am feeling right now are the sinuses and I don't think they are doing any huge damage.

A bizarre thing that has been occurring lately is I keep smelling this smell. When I woke up in ICU 6months ago, there was this clinical type smell that was very strange. When I got up on to the ward nearly 36hours later, it was still present and at first I was convinced it was one of the nurse's terrible choice of perfume. At one stage (very much still paralysed and sluggish) I called my mom over to my bed, and whispered in a very suspicious bordering on paranoia voice 'Mom, I think that nurse has ODEED(overdosed for anyone over the age of 21) with perfume!!!' My mom then sniffed(!) out the 'problem', and said that she couldn't smell anything. It wasn't a nauseating smell, but not very pleasant at the same time. It was very much present for a good while and then for the last few days of my stay in Chéz Freemawn it disappeared. Over the last few days, however, I have got a waft of that smell. Its rather bizarre...Luckily however, it hasn't impacted on my appetite or love for food, so all is still good.

Song for today: Love it When You Call - The Feeling ( a band I predict will do brilliantly this year)