Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Last night, I went along to see a band play in Temple Bar. The band consisted of three Brians and a Dennis, and collectively were known as the 'Like Kings'. They were very impressive and had a great stage presence. After they finished up, lots of people left, which meant I had the dubious honour of being part of the last five people left on the dance floor!..Well there was another random girl who danced after us, but she wasn't a great dancer and looked a bit 'out of it'. Afterwards, roaming the cobbled streets of Temple Bar, we dithered about going home; going to 'Q'bar; or getting food. Of course, the food option won hands down. Tragically MacDonald's was closed, so we had to opt for Burger King. But hey, chips are chips.

I have yet to pack anything for my trip this evening. I have a sort of mental list of what I need made out in my head, in the pretence that I am actually an organised person, but I think I am only trying to fool myself (or my mom).

We will arrive in tonight at about 10 or so, and make our way to the Freeman Hospital (or is that 'Freeman Hospital' or 'Freeman's Hospital?!) in High Heaton and collect our keys to our flat from the transplant ward. I am only concerned about one thing in this whole appointment malarkey. It's not the bronchoscopy, its not the blood tests, its not the weighing thing, but rather the fact that I have to be at clinic at 7.30 tomorrow!!! I don't think the Geordies know the meaning of a good night's sleep. They're cracked over there, I'm convinced of it.

Thank you all for wishing me well. I will talk to you all on Friday. Well the hospital there is FIVE STAR, and you all have your own flat TVs with Internet, but I think I'll keep my £3.50 thank you very much. In the meantime, as I stated in October, I do believe Kleenex are having a sale on tissues at the moment, so please, don't ruin your sleeves with your tears with your pining for my return.

Song for today: I actually don't know the name of the one I want (it was on the Tubridy Show this morning though...) so instead I'll say A moment like this - Leona Lewis.
I have, for so long, tried to put this song down, and moan and grumble (SO out of character I know) about how cheesy it is, but alas, I have given in. Conformed, if you will.

Best wishes and I'll talk on Friday! Toodles! xx