Friday, January 05, 2007

It's 3am, I've just rolled in the door from what can only be described as a "highly random" night out.

I have yet to read my book on medications. I am dreading tomorrow. I haven't a blues clues how to work the till or take credit cards. I think I will use my 25% discount and get lots of pain relief and things for headaches. I should check with my transplant clinic beforehand.

Incidentally, since the pharmacy is like Tescos to me (having always gone there and for years, done my Christmas/Birthday shopping there too!) I wonder how much stuff I could get without using a prescription. Usually one would have to get a 'script' for antibiotics etc, but because the likely hood is that I have probably tried them all, they are stored in the system, so I just ring up and ask for what I want. You see, technically (and probably legally) I have to produce a prescription for any prescribed medications before I can have them, BUT this would require me to ring up my clinic....ask for what I want....wait for them to ring me back...wait for the fax and yadda yadda. So I never bother. And I always get away with it.

Got the old mop chopped today, nothing to drastic though. A simple colour and training lesson on how to keep my hair properly, because, SURPRISE SURPRISE, my hair is in a dreadful state. But in my defense, it's not as bad as it was after my operation. There was actually a nest in my hair. I am not joking. I once heard tweeting, and several witnesses claimed to have seen a bird fly out. I am not joking.

Finally, a young lady I know of, last night got her transplant. Time was really running out for her and she had been waiting nearly two years. TWO years!! Anyway, she got it, and I could not be more thrilled for her. I am so excited that in a day or two, she will be up and using them (the lungs)! What a great way to end the day!