Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ignore my typo in yesterday's post about "pretending its Thursday". I don't know why I wrote that, nor do I know what it means! I dearly hope my error hasn't confused anybody!!

Today I finally got my hands on the keys!!!...And before anyone starts thinking I am referring to my new car (or new place!), alas, it is not; Rather I now have the keys to the establishment where I commence working on Saturday - the pharmacy! Now don't nobody come an' mug me, y'hear!! I was supposed to be studying a book on all the different cold and flu over the counter medicines available these past few weeks. Her (lá manager) words were "Now, only read this in your spare time loike!". I smirked as I heard this, thinking to myself, how I would read religiously every night, and really be the expert. Well, that book came home, went from the kitchen table, to my meds' trolley, to the dining room, back to the kitchen, up to my bookshelf in my room, where to my shame, it has remained since. I briefly read about Lemsip there the other day...I'll give it a glance tonight...So please, if you have a cold or other then: a) Don't come near me!! and, b) If you must come near me, please know exactly what you want ; none of this "Oh I need something for this cold I have". I'm not no "Marie Cure-Me" just yet! ( The one who was a mad scientist, inventor of treatments etc etc).

Also today, I booked myself in for my long overdue mop chop, cut of the ole gruaig (Hair-cut)! My conversation went a bit like this:
Me: Hi I'd like to book an appointment to get my hair cut and coloured please. Uh..for tomorrow
Lady: OK, that's fine. What time tomorrow?
Me: Well, like, some time in the afternoon would be great...
Lady: OK, well what time??? Roughly like...
Me: *Thinking that she's the one with the diary!* How about 2pm?
Lady: Ehhhhh no. Can't do 2pm. Any other time?
Me: *Oh for heaven sake, can't she suggest a time?!* Uhhhh how about 3pm?
Lady: Ooooh, sorry, no can't do 3...
Me: *OK this is ridiculous!* Emmmm, uhhhh, errrrrr, ahhhhhh, hmmmmmm....
Lady: How about 3.30?
Me: FAB SEE YOU THEN! *hangs up!*

*Queue rolly, rolly eyes, and thoughts of writing this down. I need a good rant on my blog now again...OK I admit, I hardly ever complain! This is a new side to me!