Saturday, January 06, 2007

I rolled (anyone noticing a pattern for rolling places?!) out of bed at approximately 8.50am. I jumped (jumping and rolling!) into the shower and got a lift down to the pharmacy (after getting dressed et al of course!). After a few problems with the shutters, things began to settle down. The pharmacist was nice and kept saying she recognised me from somewhere. I had a suspicion she had 'spotted me' somewhere, but not wanting to sound egotistical, I dodged the question. I mean if I had said "Oh you probably know my face from such media appearances as..." and she had just recognised me from the local swimming club or something, that would have been terribly embarrassing. Anyway, I revealed the fact that I had had a transplant six months ago, to which she was fascinated, and then the subject turned to Crumlin Hospital, where we discussed facilities and then the tv programme, and then *ding*, the light bulb went on in her head. "NOoooooooowww I know where I know you from!!". Oops, my secret was out. I ended up signing autographs for the rest of the day! It's kind of weird getting 'noticed', as it happens so rarely. I got 'spotted' a few times last year, but that was ages ago.

I had a beautiful panini from the coffee shop next door which was delicious. I forgot my creon* however. The pharmacy had none in stock so I had to ring my mom and get her to get me some from home. Oh the irony...

*Creon are tablets to help digest food.