Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year to you all! This day last year, I knew I needed a transplant, but wasn't yet on the list as I was too light. I never thought much about when or if I would get my new lungs, as I firmly believe in letting fate take its course, everything happens for a reason and all that jazz. Plus, I have this paranoia phobia thing, that makes me terrified of saying things that would jinx me. I have seen people jinx themselves before and it wasn't going to happen to me! As I said yesterday, I would post an entry from this day last year. A world away it seems now:


“Somebody once asked could I spare some change for gas, I need to get myself away from this place. I said yeah, what a concept, I could use a little fuel myself, and we could all use a little change…”-Smash Mouth, All star

Sunday January 1st, 2006 Week 4

The first of January, a day where resolutions are made to better one’s life, emotionally and physically.

The cliché ‘I’m not making any resolutions ‘cause I never keep them’ couldn’t apply to me more. Each year without fail, I begin each year with the very best of intentions and literally by the end of the week, I have successfully managed to break every single one of my resolutions at least twice. So this year, no more. I will try to have a better year then last, but that’s more of hope/prayer then a promise!

I got out yesterday for hours. I left in the evening and came back at about 1am. I went around to my friend's house. We had a great time to be honest, just reminiscing about embarrassing childhood memories, the majority involving sylvanians!

I came back here (to Vincent’s) and went to bed at about 2 or so. My I.V. is still working thank God!

Last year was a crap year, and although I’ve had a pretty bad stat to this year, hopefully once I clear this bump, it will turn around for me. There are so many things that I want to do, and at times like this, I feel I’m being stopped. It’s sort of like in one of those cartoons, where the guy tries to run, and his legs are moving but for a few seconds he goes nowhere, only for me that momentary pause is lasting forever.

Well I guess I couldn’t not make a resolutions list of some sort…

  • To keep my room tidy (please!)

  • That by 2007, my life will have changed for the better.