Saturday, December 30, 2006

Skiing today, whoohoo! I finally (OK 4 weeks isn't *that* long) graduate from 'C' class. Yay.

Since I won't have much time to update this weekend, I thought I would go for a lazy move, and simply post a diary entry I wrote this day last year exactly. It makes me so, so thankful knowing that I am no longer going through all that palaver.

“We’ve come so far, and we’ve reached so high, and we’ve looked each day and night in the eye. And we’re still so young and we hope for more” –Take That, Never forget.

Friday December 30th 2005 Week 4

Today I slept in until about midday, and I felt so refreshed after yesterday’s poking and prodding! A phlebotomist came to take my blood for levels this morning, but even though I was practically dead to the world, I woke up pretty quickly to be able to tell her that I hadn’t had my tobramycin on Thursday, so thus the results would be inaccurate. So I managed to make it through the day avoiding any jabs. I hope my cannula stays in place for tonight’s IVs.

The doctors flushed my port (Vincent’s word for implantofix) with some yokey to dissolve blood clots. After two hours they flushed it and while the saline went in, it was met with a lot of resistance. So they flushed in some more anti-blood clotting stuff. Unfortunately this was unsuccessful again. Its looking like I’m going to need to have my port replaced which means surgery. This will be done next week some time. In the meantime I have to receive my drugs through cannulas in my sputty veins. That part I do NOT enjoy! As a child I was tormented and tortured by “Freddies”, often having to have them replaced twice in one day. I can’t get the memory of having people hold me down while I screamed for them to stop hurting me out of my head. I don’t know when to say ‘no I’ve had enough’ because I need my IVs badly and really can’t afford to miss a dose. It’s a catch twenty-two really.

Tomorrow I’m going home for New Year’s Eve. My sis is going to wezz. My bro is down in Kerry and my other brother is going out somewhere. All of my friends are going out-out, so I’m still working on somewhere to go or something to do!!

I’m feeling good tonight, I just wish I could escape from this whole situation.