Tuesday, December 05, 2006

SKI JACKET!

Second Post:

I feel, thanks to that anonymous commenter (Babs!), that I am a little ahead of myself with posting and posting days and such. I would however like to thank that poster (Babs) for NOT reading my rules for posting comments (do so in guestbook). I would also like to apologise if that commenter is not Babs, my bad.

Today I realised that I woke up with another hypo (2.8) when I was attempting to chat to Helen. I reluctantly forced myself out my warm hub which was my bed and went downstairs in a manner that any good drunk would be proud of. I staggered to the fridge (for what I have no idea) and then checked my sugar. I then skipped insulin altogether and had a sugary feast, which I disguised under the name of breakfast and went about my day (IE, MacDs, nitternatting and shopping with the woman herself, Eileen. Basically exercising...my voice box!)

I realised from speaking to fellow diabetics that symptoms of not having enough sugar in your blood can differ. For me, my symptoms generally comprise of:

  • Staggering in a rather spectacular fashion (when I'm too lazy/tired to care)
  • Lack of concentration when talking to others (See I have an excuse!)
  • That finger pricking testing thing doesn't hurt at all
  • I say things I don't really mean
  • I am very giggly and find the most mundane of things hilarious.
  • Lack of memory

Now one might think I am describing having had too much drink on them, but I assure you that is not the case. Diabetes is a very serious condition and such be treated as such. Now if you don't mind, I am off to have a can of coke and some chocolate! Maybe one or two sugar lumps wouldn't go astray...

Early Post:

This girl really, really can't catch a break. I think even if I had a massive target painted on myself, and had athletic like abilities to catch things, I still would not be able to catch a break. I thought today, as I glanced outside my windows and saw the sun glowing away, that today would be my first driving lesson without windscreen wipers. After my shower, I noticed with dismay, that clouds were beginning to circle (probably figuring out the fastest way to get to my driving school) and then by 4pm, that was it. The heavens opened and my did it pour! I was delighted that today was my last lesson, but, well, I only kind of, sort of went and bought FIVE more! Why I torture myself I do not know.

Speaking of torture, my TV got stuck today on RTÉ2 and Barney was on. (Yes it was stuck, I swear!). This programme emerged just as I was signing out of my childhood, but I did catch the odd [entire series!] episode. The insurance and legal implications of children hanging out in the school after hours unsupervised always baffled me. What if one of them fell? What if that pesky dinosaur crushed one of them? What if they got a paper cut making their crafts or missed a step while dancing and had an accident? Then that school would be sorry. Those parents would be suing before the ambulance would be called. Obviously the producers shared my concerns. The show is now set in a park and park gazebo/tree house thing. They also have a new dinosaur who is orange, and has a voice like your man who sings that 'What a wonderful world song' (Can't remember who that is - Bren??) Anyway, oh how times change.

After driving I went to...wait for it...Dundrum. Now I bet nobody was expecting that one! I went into Champion Sports and got my Ski Jacket! I'm so excited about it, its really nice and I can't wait to put it good use. My shopping experience leaves a little to be desired though. Lets just say if 'one' queues up for 5minutes for changing rooms (and 5minutes is actually a long time!) with two tops in two different sizes, then gets in and realises both tops are the same size and neither fit, 'one' might be annoyed. If 'one' also found a lovely pair of pink shorts and then discovered they were a kid's size aged 9-10, 'one' might feel silly. Then later, while looking at ski jackets and trying for a while to pull one off a hanger unsuccessfully, and then suddenly the hanger flies out and smacks 'one' on the nose, then 'one' might be embarrassed. Of course that 'one' isn't me....no of course not....'cas I'd never do something so stupid. *Sigh*

Orla, your play sounds interesting. Brings back memories of having to study that play for my grade 11 exam. So I wouldn't get thrown out for heckling would I? Just Kidding

Helen, how nice of you to spend the evening with your best friends...your books!! Hmmm, well I hope they know how to shake their 'thang' like I do!

**Reminder to leave comments in the guestbook (right hand side) and not after posts, thanks!**