Wednesday, December 06, 2006

No longer a lady of leisure...

OK, I think a bit of back-tracking is required here, as although this looks like it was written on Wednesday, it is in fact lunchtime on Thursday. But we'll just sail along and pretend we don't realise this...

Today I started my new job; I am working as an assistant to an Event Manager. Seems rather fancy (or not) but in fact, what I do is pretty much the mundane tasks which are boring and time consuming yet need to actually be done. I don't think any qualifications are required to staple sheets of paper together, but nevertheless it needs to be done. The hours and days are flexible, as if there is no event coming up, I'm not needed. BUT there is an event coming up, so my expertise in....tedious tasks, is crucial!

I only went in for the afternoon today, but have a full day ahead tomorrow. Then this evening, I went to yoga, which I am improving at, but is taxing all the same. Making your body into the shape of a pretzel is easier said then done. But at least there were no 'parpers' in the class this week! Phew! Oh, but there was that woman with that cough. She should really get that sorted out, 'tis highly irritating! Maybe I should give her the number of a transplant unit I once frequented!

Went for a quick shop tonight with my yoga-ing friends and came home. As I was shattered (work isn't really my strongest forte) I retired to bed at the modest hour of midnight.