Saturday, December 09, 2006

Ski-diddle-ee

Due to certain peoples sleeping in, we ended up leaving for the ski club later then I had hoped. It turns out those extra twenty minutes or so would have proved rather valuable as the kitting room was absolutely jam packed. Not only that, but I had a complete blank on my ski code (where using your height and weight, they work out your size skies or something) so I had to fill out the form again today which caused problems. My weight obviously isn't the average weight for someone of my height, so there is usually a general palaver over what size I am. AND because I am now in the 'C' class, these details are crucial, as you tend to go quite fast, sharp turns etc etc. The one who did my skies was an idiot, and despite the long queue behind me, she found time to tell her supervisor about her holiday and yadda yadda. THEN my sister had a problem with her boots and was getting all tense about it. A quick skip of the queue solved this problem, but nevertheless I didn't get out onto the slopes until 11.20am. Next week 'we' won't be eating 'our' breakfast at 10.30am! Grrrrr....

My new instructor is one tough cookie. She demands a very high standard of us, which is good, but the lack of any praise is a little frustrating. I hope though, that I can improve bundles in this next month with her teaching. We had to start off with some real basic stuff, and to be honest the whole class was a bit basic, but by the instructor's own admittance, she is a nit-picker so the aim is to perfect what we can already do.

The Christmas tree went up this evening, and breaking with tradition, we got a fake one. I wasn't sure if I could have a real one with my shabby immune system (because bugs can grow on trees see??). I was supposed to ring Newcastle to see what the story was about that, but I never got around to it, and felt a bit silly for pestering them with such a trivial question; I mean they could have been trying to organise a transplant or something! Anyway, the tree got bought and put up this evening. It's rather nice (and for the money that was spent, it aught to be too! No €20 trees from Argos for us...Dunno why not) but because it isn't real, you don't get that lovely Christmas tree smell. Well let's just say that a few (or FIVE!) scented pine cones placed strategically in that tree seems to have done the trick! Ooh, and here's a tip, despite reassurances from a certain mother, you CAN actually get paper cuts from those pesky branches. Tut, pesky, fake, branch, leaf, sharp, thingy magiggers! Who invented this Christmas thing anyway?!

Tonight I am staying in, because a)I'm an exhausted little cupcake from the week and b)'some' of my friends are geeky and because they have their mid semesters (?) next week, they refuse to go out! Like they're actually going to do any study tonight or tomorrow morning anyway! Pah....

X-Factor semi final is on tonight. I hope Ben goes home, I can't stand when guys have long hair! What's with that like?? Ewww, thanks but no thanks!