Sunday, December 10, 2006

Decorations Shmeckorations

  • The Christmas decorations went up around the house and tree today. Now our hall and porch is lit with lights galore. We aren't one of those houses that has all those yokey mabobby lights all over the outside of the house though (you know those icicle things), so our little light display in the porch is highly adventurous for us!

  • Sadly no sign of the crib yet though. I'm guessing it hasn't been found yet, and I'm not one to go looking for these things. I do have more important things to do with my time! I'm sure it will miraculously appear in the hall one of these days, with the baby Jesus hidden behind because as the cribbing rules state, Jesus wasn't born until the 25th, so therefore he should not be present in the crib! And I will endeavour to make sure that everyone follows this rule, so if your Baby Jesus is sleeping sound in his manger and I come a calling, take him out!!

  • And on more sad news, our angel has gone missing altogether. (The one that goes on top of the tree)Please note: some people tend to make the mistake of calling her a fairy, but she is actually an angel! We haven't got a blue blazons where she has run off to. Maybe she's getting her fix of Bacardi breezers in before she gets stuck a top of the tree, with a fake paper cutting branch stuck up her dress for 14 days. So until Crimeline can locate this missing Angel we have a pathetic little star hanging off the top. Please keep your eyes out for our Angel. She has a broken (or no?) arm; she is a tad cross eyed and a beautiful cream (once white?) dress. She has Angel-ed our trees for over 20 years, so we will miss her greatly. On a related note, our tree has been up for nearly two days and I think I am the only observant critter to notice her absence.

  • I will post pictures of our wonderful tree when I upload them. Its a sturdy looking yoke, and my sister has high hopes that this one won't fall on her. You see she was just "innocently walking past" when this other tree a few years back fell down on her. It must have been hiding out in the corner of our living room, waiting for an unsuspecting victim to pass by and BAM! Trees....tut...

  • Helen and Eileen, I apologise profusely if I offended you with my 'geek' comments. I now realise these exams go to form 25% of your degrees and yadda, yadda. So....how many hours of study did you do at midnight last night? And how many before mid-day today? Uh huh. Thought as much! And to think you could have spent those hours with me!!