Monday, December 11, 2006

Head hunted...

6months ago, I would have laughed out loud at the thought of me having or holding down a job. Of course I could easily pretend that the reason for this would be constant sickness and breathlessness, having spells out of hospital lasting no longer then 10days, and the little fact that I was waiting for a transplant. Of course, the real reason for lack of job, would be my complete and utter detest for anything work like as I am lazy.

However, no sooner had I started working last week, was I phoned today and asked did I want a job. It's only part-time, but it is experience nonetheless. I will be working in my pharmacy. Yes that's right, I earn them about half their profits, and now I shall work for them. I had an informal training session today, and got to have a look (OK, a good snoop!) around the back at all the medications, many of which I recognized anyway. In their filing system, they had a section labeled 'High Tec', but inside was rather sparse, with only two sheets with my anti-rejection medications' name on them. It turns out this stuff costs thousands of yoyos and really expensive. Whoops. I should really stop practising my juggling skills with them. And I guess playing marbles with them would be out of the question now too?

I have the mater tomorrow for my review. This basically entails reading a book for three hours, and then getting to see the doctor for about 5 minutes. Hopefully I won't have to go back until February, and I also hope for no rejection, as that would be a bit of a Christmas dud.

I discovered today, that the crib has appeared! But, shock horror, someone put the baby Jesus on display!! I immediately put him behind the crib though as we all know he doesn't appear until the 25th. No sign of the wee Angel yet though.

This will be my very first Christmas in living memory where I won''t begin the day with a 'quick sick'...(head down toilet...you get the picture). I used to have a problem where most mornings I would get sick before I started the day. Christmas day was no exception. I will also take part in the traditional Christmas Breakfast this year for the first time which will be nice (I only started eating breakfast in July). My sister also made this observation about not getting sick saying ''Oh Gawd, I remember every year, we'd have to wait for you before we could go downstairs. It was 'bleeeh, bleeeeeeh, bleeeeeeeh' and we were all like "hurry up!!"' I then encouraged her never to feel like she should hold back ; say what's on her mind, you know?