Friday, December 08, 2006

Ah the 8th of December, a holy day.

I went to bed considerably earlier then usual last night, falling asleep at about 11.30. It is incredible the difference a couple of hours can make to your day though. I woke up to the sounds of the hall door opening and closing and someone coming in. In the darkness and semi conscious state I was, I blinked, thinking that had to be one of my brothers coming in; there was no way it was morning already. But alas, a quick glance at the clock confirmed my fears; it was 6.30am. Remarkably though, after resting my eyes for a few minutes, accepting my fate that I couldn't sleep in, I got up. I wasn't tired or sluggish. My eyes were actually open. I watched the news for a while and then went downstairs for breakfast. So now that I have made this amazing discovery, IE, secret to no tiredness = go to bed earlier (don't forget to carry the 'one') I have decided to be asleep earlier every night in the run up to Christmas (barring nights out obviously, as HELEN will tell you, you can get thrown out of places for falling asleep on the ground/dance floor!)

I had work again today, and got in at about 9.20am. The work today was so much easier. We had to put together the event packs, which, when we had a system going was fine. Two others in the office helped me today, so between chatting about various bits and pieces and packing, the job was done in no time.

I left at lunch as I had a driving lesson this afternoon. Before leaving town, I popped into Bennetton and got the things I needed, popped up to TK-MAX as office rumour had it they were selling ski wear, but I was immediately put off by the crowds that were there and subsequently left empty handed.

Driving went very well today and I successfully managed a reverse! Got a good 2mile stretch with just green lights, so was able to get a lovely spin done. And did anyone notice? NO RAIN! Yay! I think my windscreen wipers felt a little abandoned, but they deserve a day off to be honest.

Tomorrow is Ski-ing which I can't wait for. Thinking of Saturday has kept me going all week, as I just love to ski, and even better, learning how to improve my ski-ingness!

And finally, has anyone noticed the surge in orphan umbrellas about the place? I have seen probably about ten. Some are battered and just dead and all sad looking. Others are perfectly good brollies though! It seems people just dump the poor umbrollies at the station. Poor brollies. Is anyone interested in setting up a relief fund for these brollies then?? EILEEN....