Friday, December 22, 2006

  • Sinuses are continuing to improve greatly. I just have a really annoying voice (hey, what's changed?) now that makes me sound like I am dying of a cold. But, rest assured I am fine!
  • I went to Snow Patrol which were amazing!!! They are brilliant live in concert. We were all singing 'Chasing Cars' and it was just incredible. Their supporting bands didn't have very much stage presence and were a little mundane, but it was worth sitting through for the main act. Interestingly, my friend's dad asked my friend 'Oh Snow Patrol, is that a Christmas band?'And on the phone to my Aunt, she said 'Oh that sounds festive!' How can people have never listened to Snow Patrol? It beggars belief!
  • Tomorrow I have to have my photo taken as part of an article on Organ Donation. This means I have to juggle skiing (*YES* you heard correctly, skiing, yay!) lunch, dropping off of presents and the photographer in the space of an hour. If the photo turns out with me having a puffy, pink cheeked, hair over the place portrait, you will know the reason.
  • Finally, since some of my friends are going away for Christmas (ooh la la), I wish to take this opportunity to wish you (*Yes I'm looking at you...no not the person behind you...stop looking around, I do mean YOU!*) all a very merry Christmas. I hope that you (YES I do mean you again!) have a wonderful time, spent in whatever way you spend it. May we all appreciate all the great things in life, even if at times, it doesn't go to plan. And to end with a quote...

This quote I discovered last Christmas, when my life was a world away from what it is now. I was in Vincents and very ill, running temperatures, the works. I just knew 2006 would be a better year, but when I was feeling miserable, I thought this quote was just perfect:

“We have no right to ask when sorrow comes, ‘Why did this happen to me?’ unless we are willing to ask the same question for every moment of happiness that comes our way.” ---Author Unknown