Monday, November 13, 2006

Ramble-osos!

Today I feel absolutely fanstatic. Had I been feeling this way healthwise 2weeks ago, I'd have said 'well I've felt better'. My nose isn't quite clear just yet, meaning I alone am still using enough Kleenex to keep their company making profits for the next two years. BUT compared to where I was last week, I am 10 times better! And it delights me to be able to say that! I am thrilled that I have conquered this cold without hospitalization and intravenous antibiotics. Rosie: 1 Cold: 0. It's times like this that the transplant has just transformed my life! My mum came up with a good way of describing a cold pre and post transplant.

For a 'normal' person, they work at 100% of what they should be. Then a cold comes along and knocks them, and they fall to about 50% and stay like that for about a week and then gradually find their feet again.

For me, pre transplant, I was working at about 25-30% of what I should be, meaning I'm already knocked. Then a cold comes along and knocks me beat. I get sicker and sicker, and then I need ivs, hospitalization, extra o2, extra sleep and I stay like that for about 3weeks. And about 6 weeks later, I gradually come back to my 25-30%. And then, about a week after that, I come down with a chest infection. And so the cycle continues....

So naturally I am over the moon I am better again. I am really so lucky to have a chance to live like this, its fantastic. Tonight I am off ski-ing, as I am away next weekend. I am, as usual, looking forward to taking to the slopes and hurling myself down them at an alarming speed.

OOoh, last night I watched HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL for the first time. And it is superfantabulous! It is so, so, so good. The dvd was borrowed and its American, so when it gets released here, I suggest you all go and buy it. It is this generation's 'GREASE'. The songs are catchy and if it weren't 2am when I watched it, up in the study with wooden floors I would have been up boppin, rocking, jamming and breaking!! (If anyone has seen it, you'll get that!). Honestly its a gem of a film. So, so, so, sooooo good. And no I don't work for disney, that is just my opinon. Incidentally, while purchasing this film, take a look at all of Disney's range of films suitable for all the family...JOKE....