Friday, November 10, 2006

Opera Shmopera...

After my long hot bath this morning, I flicked on TV3 and saw that the Opera Winfrey show was on. I used to be a regular viewer of this show, particularly when I was a patient in the childrens' hospital. My lunchtime viewing schedule would go Home&Away -> Neighbours -> Opera. I don't know quite what happened, or what went wrong, but slowly I stopped watching it.

So today, they were celebrating 20years of the show, or something similar. They were reviewing 'best bits' and they had this guy on, who had lost about 100 stone or so (well it looked that way) and for his efforts, he was surprised with a car. A convertable car at that. All for losing weight! Everyone knows its harder to put on weight then to lose it. I should know! And when I reached my target weight last year, did I get a car? No. Did I get a present? No. Did I get an audience with tears streaming down their faces chanting my name? No. Did I even get gold ticker-tacker falling from the ceiling? No. (Though I was in Vincents at the time, so there was probably dust of some sort falling..) What did I get??

I got a paper card made on our home computer with a tubby child eating icecream on it. Yes. And the ink was smudged too. And to top it all, there was some fat joke inside. How deligtful. Of course, I suppose it was the thought that counts...at least I got one card. I didn't see Eileen sending a congratulations card...



Anyway, my point of this ramble? I'm jealous. Jealous that some guy loses a ton (tonne? Spelling police help me out!) of weight, and gets a car! A CAR. FROM OPERA! Life is SO unfair! How silly.

PS: In the off chance that Opera reads my blog, if you wish to send me a car, I will take it off your hands! Thank you muchly!

I am also glad to report that the throat status has been downgraded from Tennis ball to Golf Ball! Yippeee!