Sunday, November 05, 2006

Feeling shabby

**Reminding everyone to visit Virgin radio, and vote for Tony Blair on the 'Who's calling Christian' competition! Thanks all!**

  • Babysitting last night was, as always a pleasure. It really helps when the children you look after are good and well behaved. Its generally a case of them entertaining me rather then the other way round. The eldest child was out last night, so I only minded the younger two, one of whom was already in bed. So it turned out to be just the one. She is fantastic (as are all of them it must be said) and her imagination is one to be reckoned with. After putting her to bed (following many stories from her, and amazing magic tricks from me), I settled down to watch a bit of tv. RTÉ were showing 'Mona Lisa Smile' as their 'Late Late Movie' - quite a good one for so late at night. I was impressed by it, and by the acting in it. I got home at about 1 am, give or take.

  • This morning, having had a rough night, I awoke with a sore throat. It seems I have the start of a cold, which probably wouldn't be on my christmas wish list, considering I have a rather cheap and shabby immune system. But nonetheless, a hot cup of tea followed by a hot bath should HELP matters I reckon.

  • This morning was of course to be my first ski lesson. I decided I wouldn't go. But I do think things have a way of working themselves out for the best. I was scheduled for the 'C' class, which by goodness, following my rather abissmal (for 'C' standard) practice during the week, I figured was a bit out of my league. My mother kept saying 'sure go up and explain you want to drop a class' etc etc. I absolutely HATE confrontation (with strangers) and generally tend to avoid such situations, unless I'm in the mood. So while on the phone this morning to the ski-club cancelling my lessons, I decided to bite the bullet and switch down a class. So I am now in B class. Thank goodness. But it means I shan't be starting until the 11th of November. But it also gives me plenty of time to practise. (As one of my friends said recently, 'only YOU would practice for a practice').

  • Finally, though I don't like to air my political views in public, I shall air them anyway. I've just heard that Suddam Hussein is to be hanged. Will the Americans ever learn?

Quote from babysitting:

Girl: "Rosie you have lots and lots of spots. (and here was me thinking my remedy was worth patenting) Me: Oh really? Hmmm, Oh dear...(What was I going to say?!) Girl: You're like my mother, she has lots and lots and LOTS (me thinking, what concealer does SHE use? I'd never noticed a blemish)**Penny finally drops** Me: Ohhhh, you mean freckles? (So maybe my remedy is still worth pateneting??)