Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Driving!

Well today was my first big driving lesson (and my first yoga lesson as it happened - not at the same time though..). I arrived promptly on time, and is it my imagination, or is the first big rain storm we've had all year??? Maybe I'm imagining that...

So I arrive on time, and my instructor arrives shortly after, asking the receptionist for the keys to the '05 Micra, to which none could be found. My instructor then went on about how there was no way she was taking the 04, as its a terrible car, and she wasn't driving it, and it was awful. When no keys could still be found, she turned to me with a smile on her face and said 'Ok, we're going to go out now, we'll be taking a lovely 04 Micra...'. Actually it was more like 'O-ah-K, we're-ah going-ah out-ah now-ah..." (She was Italien). Did she think I couldn't hear her rant and rave about this 04 hunk of junk just minutes previously??? Anyway, the car was fine.

The driving itself, wasn't "toooooo bad". She did have to grab the steering wheel off me a few times, and apply her passenger seat brakes on one or two occasions. I also cut out the engine trying to stop once or twice, BUT I did drive up to third gear, and did a hill start. So all in all, when it all balances out, I reckon it wasn't too bad...

On the way back to the centre she commented that I was very young to be driving and asked me how old I was. I replied that I was 19, and she turned to me, eyes a popping, (to which I had to shout "eyes on the road, EYES ON THE ROAD!") and said "Oh, I thought-ah you were-ah 17" Well thank goodness I didn't learn to drive when I was 17 like I was supposed to, because I looked about 13 back then!

So after driving, [practising having a heart attack and making dramatic Italien instructor faint] I went for an ole shop to the Drumster. I PURCHASED a sambo from Tesco, (see my thieving days are behind me!) and then ate it on the coridoor. I had to shoot up with some *discreet* insulin, but a little girl saw me. At least I'm guessing that's why her eyes nearly fell out of her head (notice an eye popping theme here?) and then she walked away rubbing HER tummy. Oh well....

Anyway, its packing day tomorrow. So after then I shall be a gone til next week. Don't ask me what to do when I'm away. That ain't my problem... I'm just a talker, not a listener...Toodles!