Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blog with no name...

I thought I was heading in for a stay at hotel Mater today, as I woke up feeling like I had been knocked down by a double decker bus. It would seem that the tennis ball is still very much lodged in my throat, but also now my lungs are definately getting in on the act. Had this happened before my transplant, I would already be sitting in Casulty and waiting (and waiting and waiting) for a bed up on the ward. So needless to say, considering my immune system's fighting abilities, I was nervous and anxious to get rid of the bug! I started Azithromycin/Zitromax yesterday orally. So I was dissappointed that a stay in hospitral was looking likely. I rang up my transplant nurse, but he said that this is ok. Well, it's not ideal, but I need to give the Zitromax a chance to work. He told me that its likely I'll be feeling like this for the next few days anyway.

So not what I wanted to hear, but at the same time, it is good news. I may avoid hospital which is always good. I must stress a few things having reread what I have just written.

  • I realise that I am so very lucky that this is the only problem I have had since my operation.
  • I realise that I really shouldn't be complaining about tennis balls lodged in my throat, as there are so many people waiting and who have died waiting, for the chance of life that I have been given, so though this 'blip' is annoying, I WILL get over it.
  • This 'blip' is making somewhat cranky at the moment, but I know that given a few days, I'll be as fine as red wine again. And thus back to my extra-cranky self!
  • I am not overly concerned about this 'blip' either, and thus none of my friends should be. In fact, I am grateful its happening now, and so I have a chance to recover before going to France, and YES I am still going to be going to France!

In other news in Rosie's world, I got my provisional lisence yesterday! Woot! That means that I am now allowed to sit behind the wheel of a car and d..d..drive! Can you believe it? Perhaps this should be a warning to any children within a 10mile radius of me. Please be careful. If you get in my way, I shall have no sympathy for you! ...I joke I joke! I have no plans to drive wrecklessly just yet. I'm not Helen-who-knocks-over-peoples-bins-Lamberto you know!

Sorry for the negative blog today. It won't happen [much] again. I will have to tell the story of the ghost who lives in my weighing scales next time. (Yes I'm actually serious, a regular lil Casper living in my scales...*gulp*)