Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The eye of the storm...

It would appear that this throat/sinus/chest thing that I have going on has really got into full flow. Its not so bad during the day, but I wake up feeling theres a tennis ball in my throat and a train in my nose. At night, the tennis ball is replaced with Mr. Tickle from Mr.Men fame.

I got put on Azithromycin (Zitromax) for a week today. Hopefully it will kick in soon. As I (am sure) I said before, I realise that I have been very lucky to make it 4months with no problems. I guess 'blips' like this one are expected, even if they are highly annoying.

Funnily, my anti-rejection meds are to be upped, because the levels were apparently too low. Perhaps if they had been taken on time this would be different. But whatever...

And finally to end this [whining] informative blog, I learned today that I am slightly neutropenic at the moment. This was the problem that kept me in England for so long after my op. Being neutropenic means you are very suseptible (sp?) to infection. So just have to err on the side of caution for the moment. Eileen, if you are sick, stay away!

  • No yoga tonight after all. Being tired and slightly neutropenic, means no yoga for me.