Friday, October 13, 2006

What did your last slave die of?

I actually wrote this the other day, but thanks to my wireless connection, I thought I lost it, but alas, I found it again!
_________________________________________________________________

The title is that of a question I am contstantly asked. I have no idea why, I mean I'm not a lazy person by nature or anything...

When people do ask me this, I usually reply with
"They had to take early retirement; lack of work you know?"

or I go for the opposite approach;
"I don't know what killed them, but its a pity because you're useless in comparison!"
Either will usually provoke a 'scoff'' or a 'haw-haw' in response.

I mean is it really my fault if people like to pamper me, drive me places, do favours for me?? I think not! And I've had this problem everywhere I go, even in Newcastle, I would request a SIMPLE favour from the nurses (like, having the fan settings changed regularly, getting a cup of tea-milk no sugar- ,getting me magazines, passing me things, fluffing my pillows, simple things like!) and on more then one occasion the response was
"Eeeee, What did ya laast sleeve die uff?!"
Besides if you're in the kitchen anyway, is it too much to ask to make someone a cup of tea? If its raining outside, is it too much to ask for someone else to walk down to the shop to get you sweets? If you own a car, is it too much to ask to ring you for a lift, EVEN if you're at the other side of the city?? No of course not!

Honestly! Anyone will tell you I am up at the crack of dawn, out for my morning jog, back to make breakfast for the family, clean the house from top to bottom, prepare dinner for family, do the daily shop, take dog for a walk, do some more jogging and then a bit of cycling....So why do people think I'm lazy?! It beggers belief it really does...

I'm off to my room to lie in my (goose feathered, double) bed and watch some tv for a while...if anyone sees my mother, tell her I NEED my new HEAT magazine, and also, my tea from earlier has gone cold, i NEED a new cup, Im thirsty! xXx