Saturday, October 14, 2006

Wait! My weight!

Everyone everywhere (or every girl, everywhere) has thought about their weight at one point or another...and I'm no exception! Except, I've always been on the very slim side. I've had people say

"You're so lucky, you can eat all you want and not put on a pound!"
..Yes its true, I must really be the luckiest girl in the world! Wow it feels like I've won the lottery every morning when I wake up!...Of course it would have felt like this, if my dietitcan didn't hound me everytime I set foot within a 1mile radius of the hospital! I really must have been a nutrionist's worst nightmare. I was BAD! I ate like a rabbit, pure nibbling all day, IF i even did that. Of course the fact that I can NEVER shut up didnt help matters. As school friends will testify, it used to take me 45 minutes to eat ONE banana; every time it would go near my mouth, i would think of something intersting to say! Eileen constantly reminds me of that!

Of course since my operation, all that has changed! I now have the appetite of an elephant (..how much do they eat?!). What I eat for my lunch today, would have been a miricale if I'd managed to eat that in a day 4months ago. I'm finally beginning to put on a bit of weight (touch wood) so I hope one day to be a true roly poly!

After my operation I was a bit of a michellan (wo)man (that guy who sells tyres), I had loads of fluid (makes you look a bit tubby) from my tummy down. At first I loved it, I thought, whoohoo, Im no longer anorexic looking!! But then....one day....I spent all night draining it (up every 20mins, bursting!) and later that morning I was in the shower, as you do, washing myself, as you do, with a bit of lacoste pink, as I do, when suddenly I found myself thinking,
"Oh my goodness, where's my bum gone?!!!!"
I came out of the bathroom,(having got dressed of course!) complaining to anyone who had ears, that
'Its actually not funny, I've become emancipated! Emancipated I tells you!''
...I later found out that that actually means to divorce your parents.....The word I was looking for was 'Emaciated'. But the point was/is that I was skinny again. And. I . HATED. IT!

So is there actually a point to this blog? NO. But is there ever a point to my blogs? NO. And does that ever stop me from writing them? OF course NOT!.....

..Except that I am now a dieticans DREAM, as i actually bother eating, and I no longer need any feeds or anything (of which I was dependant on before). And although it took me a while to come around to this 'eating' idea (I actually had arguments with everyone in Newcastle who wasn't afraid of me about this!), I'm glad i did. So now if you ever have a packet of crisps, please do share! And if I have a packet of crisps, please don't ask me for any.....thats just RUDE! x

JOKE FOR THE DAY: Why did the sea say to the sand??.....NOTHING, it just waved!