Saturday, October 28, 2006

Video killed the Radio star....

I was feeling a bit tired last night so I didn't bother going out, or bother making any plans to go out. I quite fancied a quiet night in to be honest. So I was having myself a snack in the kitchen when I felt like listening to a few songs on the wireless! Now we have 9 stations to choose from, and rather like digital tv, no matter how many channels you have, theres never anything on.

Station one on our radio is RTÉ 1; a channel I don't even BOTHER clicking to. There's only one word to describe it and thats BORING....Apart from a certain programme on in the mornings :-)

We have a Classic channel (Lyric FM) and a news station (newstalk)...and again, you just don't go there. You would be wasting your energy by even trying to see if there's anything good on there. There just never is. It's pointless. No point. Nada. Zilch.

Then we have a 'young' station, 2FM, which is pretty rubbish, as its clearly not for young people at all. You wouldn't catch my friends dancing to any of those songs...

98Fm and Fm104 are pretty ok, except on Fri nights, 98FM have the psychic Una Power, who litreally does my nut in! Can't stand her or that. Fm104 was playing some bongo drum music that had no beat, and it would seem no end.

The reliable SPIN103.8 which is usually great! (10 spin hits in a row) was utterly dissappointing, again, some never ending drums and dance beats, definately not something you can sing along to.

So I had to resort to Q102! And on Friday nights, its BOOGIE NIGHTS! The sounds of the seventies. Now I wasn't born in the seventies, but sometimes enjoy ye ole boogie music, but even this was bad!

So my point, do something, anything, but listen to radio on a saturday nights. Its dire! :-(