Monday, October 23, 2006

Busy bee!

I seem to have been a little bit lapse as of late in updating this blog yoke, so I figure an update is on the cards. Since Thursday I've been rather busy!

On Saturday, I went to a psychology workshop thing on 'Enneagrams' and it was really intresting. But the downside was that it started at the ungodly hour of 9.30am!! Yuck! "WHYYYYY"...I hear you all ask, and I don't honestly know! Anyway, it was rather rewarding, and I got home at about 5.30 or so. I know I did something on Saturday night, but for the life of me, I can't remember at all...I'll come back to that. (Note how I have omitted what I did on Friday...I also can't remember! Alzhiemers association, watch out, you may have a new member on the way!)

On Sunday, myself and a fellow transplant friend went out to the airport to the AirLingus leisure centre, as the Irish Kidney Association were running a training session for people who have had transplants. They run these every month or so, so this was my first. For those NOT in the know, there are games called the Transplant games, similar to the Olympics, but for people who have had transplants. (Queue Billy sniggering). ANYWAY, we played a spot of bahhmeeean (or Bawdminton), went swimming and then played bowling after all of that. It was very rewarding. And although myself and my friend were USELESS at the bawdminton, we did improve slightly! Overall a great day if I do say so myself. But there were downsides to this adventure too...

1. We had to meet at 9.30am (what is it with THAT time of night?!)

2. I am now aching from my bum down, and my right forearm (my bawdminton arm) also aches.

3. I realised how annoying it is that the Kidney association 'owns' transplant sport in Ireland, they should have Transplant Sport Ireland or something, because the way it is, there is too much division. Of course this is all politics, but I feel if Kidney people do insist on running it, then they shouldnt post their logo everywhere on the kits and such. As it seperates us non-kidney people. Of course I'll still take part, but this just annoys me...

And I've had my little rant so I'm happy again. I got back from that at about 6.30 or so and then went to a friend's birthday dinner. Again, top notch stuff! Yum a lishous!

And today I had my flu jabaroony. Considering the amount of pain I'm in from yesterday, I couldn't even feel the wee nip of the needle. Someone years ago invented something called 'sport' which has left me feeling like I've been in a 3car crash with an elephant standing on thighs...but the pain is probably worth it....I think....

So thats all my news, so you see Im really not that lazy! I have the mater (UGH) tomorrow. I have bets on that they can draw blood within 6tries or so....fingers crossed!