Sunday, February 21, 2010

Procrastinating Observations

I never do so much learning (or blogging) as when I have a deadline looming. Surprise, surprise, I have to argue for the death penalty in a mandatory debate on Wednesday, and as such am supposed to be looking up information which backs up my point. To date, I have found out one of my friends has upgraded her farm on facebook, another has been rewarded with mystery chickens and about four of my friends are updating their statuses from around the world. So not much the death penalty then! Other random useless information:

1. Some people, however, simply do not exist on the internet. Not that I am a serial stalker or anything, but seriously, the mind boggles.

2. I am embarking on a diet. I think it's time.

3. There are not enough hours in the day, and yet I seem to accomplish so very little some days!

4. Thomas Harper Ince was a big hot shot in Hollywood in the early 1900s-20s and then he mysteriously died aboard his yacht. On his birthday. I mean, of all the days in the year, jeesh! Allegedly Charlie Chaplin was 'aving it off' with his gal. But whether it was murder, foul play or simply a sudden death has been debated ever since.

5. Adidas was founded in 1924

6. The guy who was in a coma for 23 years who supposedly came alive again a couple of months ago and began communicating, is in fact, still in a coma after 23 years and is not communicating after all.