Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Examinos

In less than fourteen hours, I will be sitting the first of my six exams. I stress about exams so much and yet, to balance that, I actually do very little study. It sounds terrible, but because I know that I've already practically passed most of my subjects through continous assesment, I just don't have the panicking motivation to kill myself studying. Just the panic that I'll fail.

Last year, I walked out of one of my exams with the sickening feeling that I'd failed terribly. I got into the car, and having promised myself before that I'd never get upset about something as trivial as an exam, I began to feel a bit sorry for myself. I then turned on the radio and a song came on that my friend Barbara had played at her funeral. I was reminded that there was so much more to life than getting worked up over one stupid exam - one that could be repeated. By some miracle, I actually ended up getting a B+ in that subject, so in reality, there was very little to get worked up about in the first place.

But naturally, here I am, panicking again. Fretting. Before I turned off my laptop tonight, I went to my Yahoo homepage where the news headline reads "The World Health Organization ups its swine flu warning ", which is not in the least bit funny at all, rather worrying in fact, and as someone who doesn't have the greatest of immune systems, it worries me rather a little bit actually. But what makes me laugh is that my friend Barbara used to say "I suffer from Cystic Fibrosis - the swine!!!'. If only she could see.