Saturday, April 26, 2008

Busy Lizzy...

...that's what I'd call myself if my name was Elizabeth, but it's not. But I've been busy all the same!

I had our college's formal ball on Wednesday night which was great fun! I've seen some pictures this morning (because my camera died on me that night so I am relying on others who happen to be terribly slowwwww!) and amazingly I actually look a healthy weight! I ALWAYS manage to see a too skinny me in formal pictures but these ones I look healthy in- whooo. Although saying that, the dress that I wore managed to drop my lung function down to about 50%: I could barely get it closed and when I did, I could barely breathe. It took a bit of getting used to but I did it- no pain, no gain and weight gain=pain!

The next night we decided to go to the local (my college's local) because we're supposed to be studying and I am the queen of procrastination. I only meant to spend an hour there but ended up leaving at closing time. Boooo.

Yesterday, having officially finished college and being a mere 3 days away from exams I saw this as a perfect distraction free opportunity to get my head in the books. Instead it went into a cushion as I fell asleep on the couch.

Not to worry, after dinner I cracked open the book and started writing essays. I used to be great at revision but it's been three years since I left school and so my new method is just to write essays, highlight them and learn them. This way I'm repeating the knowledge when I go to write it, when I go to highlight it and when I go to learn it. I may change my tactic for next year...

So today I've slept in until lunch time and EILEEN is insisting we go out to town tonight. Normally I'd say no, what with middle of the night being my prime study hours, but my legs are looking fantastic from the formal ball and it would be a shame to waste them. Like, d'uh!

Oh well, be young, be foolish, but be happy!