Tuesday, April 29, 2008

1 Down, 4 To Go

I sat my very first college exam today. It was nerve wrecking, mostly because I didn't study for it. I got up at 8.30am to begin study and left for college at about 12.45pm. At least there are repeats at the end of the summer, so if I don't do well I'll get a second chance. To be honest though, who wants to spend their summer with an exam looming at the other end?? *Fingers crossed*

Being a diabetic, and having given myself a nice little hypo in another exam during the year, one where I couldn't leave to get sugar because I was too embarrassed so I just trundled through and left early, I decided to be better prepared this time around.

The STRICT rules say one bottle of water only, so last week I politely went and asked if it would be ok if I brought in a small thing of Coke (Cola...) just in case. I figured it would be pretty straight forward, but NO. I needed a consultant's letter. I guess it would be pretty easy to conceal answers in the black liquid and all that...

Then I read the rules about bathroom breaks, and still not fully over my tummy sickness, I wanted to be sure that should I need to leave if I felt unwell I wouldn't be penalised and lose time. *DING DING* Another consultant's letter please!

So I went in today and the invigilators were ever so nice and explained that they had got the message about me and that I'd be up the front and near the door which was great, and allowed my coca-cola and hooo-haww.

During the exam I saw one of them opening to read the letter and watched her expressions. Rather humorous actually! The letter basically gave my health history and had a list of my 'ailments'. I take it as a compliment that I don't look like I have anything wrong with me!...until I open my mouth but that's for another day... :P

We had three hours to do the exam so naturally I raced at the start, then slowed down, then stopped, got distracted by other things, started daydreaming about the summer (happens me when I study too) and then I started again. Loads of people left after the hour which made no sense to me at all. So I hope I've passed anyway. Computery one tomorrow.