Friday, February 29, 2008

Pseudemonas

Heavy.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear at all. It's a wretched bug to grow before transplant and it's not much more pleasent afterwards when you stir it with a low immune system.

Still, there's no difference between today and yesterday except that I have this knowledge. And I think that's probably the healthiest (pardon the pun) way to look at it as worrying won't change the weather.

I've taken Ciproxin (smarties), Augmentin Duo and Zitromax since Christmas so I think that maybe a different route, approach and tactic may be required. Read through the lines what you will. Apply literal meanings where you see fit. I'll keep y'all updated. Remember, never and dont't worry until I tell you to.


What is Pseudemonas???


Dr Wiki says: P. aeruginosa is an opportunistic human pathogen, most commonly affecting immunocompromised patients (that's me), such as those with Cystic Fibrosis(that's me again!) or AIDS (ahem, definately NOT me!!!)

Infection can affect many different parts of the body, but infections typically target the respiratory tract (e.g. patients with CF or those on mechanical ventillation), causing bacterial pneumonia. Treatment of such infections can be difficult due to multiple antibiotic resistance.