Friday, February 08, 2008

Aimless Naps and Rambles

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I have a chest infection at the moment. It started about a month ago circa (!) New Years. Back then I took Ciproxin tablets which did nothing. I then took some Augmentin Duo tablets which did something but overall nothing. I'm about 10days off antibiotics now and unfortunately I am not much better. It's probably not an issue I should put on the back burner considering an infection after transplant is never good, let alone when it's the transplanted organ that is infected.

Apparently I missed my clinic on Tuesday but I think there were wires crossed somewhere as I had it written that it's this coming Tuesday. Nevermind. Anyway, I've been up to my eyes with assignments and assesments in college and I don't want to sound flippant about my health and blah blah(!), but I couldn't find a day to get over to see them. However it's come to the point that friends have begun to notice my productive cough and chestiness, and where I need to leave class to "cough".

So today I finished college at 3pm and went to pick up my Dad from the airport bus at about 4. I was soooooo zonked all I wanted to do was sleep. So when we got back to the house at 4.15 I went straight to bed for a nap.

I woke again at 12.30am!!! Talk about messed up clock now! I had my dinner an hour ago at 1am. I will go back to bed soon or else I fear I'll have jet lag only without the luxury of having been away anywhere.

I don't write this to get everyone worried or anything like that as if there's ever a need to worry I'll let y'all know. But this blog is about transplant too and I don't know if this excessive napping (I fell asleep at Sweeney Todd last week...) is to do with infection or just tiredness. I'll go to clinic on Monday or Tuesday and have my lung functions done and hopefully that will shed a bit of light on something!